I took a bit of a blogging break there for a while. I needed it. I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want for my blog these days and how I want to spend my time. I’ve also been thinking about how much of my life I should be sharing online and at what point do I stop posting photos of the girls for the world to see? Lots to think about.
April was busy what with birthday parties, viagra my Dad visiting and my starting a new exercise regime. At the beginning of this year I decided that my year was going to be dedicated to organization but I have recently decided that what is most important right now is that I get back into shape and so I have been very conscious of making time for that. Even though it has only been three weeks I’ve started to feel really good (and that is with a serious lack of sleep, but I’m working on that too).
Although really, with the arrival of Spring (with intermittent snow storms) things are getting cleaner and more organized around here.
So what have we been up to?
Well, lots of sitting, scootching, crawling and babbling from Miss Fionnuala:
Listening to stories with Papa:
Making a Quick Trick Brick Stack:
And of course when you run out of bricks you make a Quick Trick Block Stack:
Now that the weather is starting to warm up I feel it is important to spend as much time as possible outdoors – mostly because Moira is happiest when she is outside and that helps keep us all sane. So, trips to the zoo have been resumed, playing in the back and/or front yard is now a daily activity (I almost had a heart attack when I looked out the window and saw her stacking those bricks on her push car though!) and soon I hope to take us to the mountains once a week and take advantage of living in this beautiful province.
Other things of interest:
- The Mister and I had a movie date today. I’ve been pretty good at arranging babysitting/dates for us once a month.
- I’ve started listening to Harry Potter again. I’m on book 2. It’s a sickness.
- Have you seen the trailer for the last Harry Potter movie? When I watched it for the first time the other day I started crying. Moira brought me a tissue and rubbed my back. I think she was a little worried that she had done something wrong.
- Fionnuala is the happiest baby in the world. Seriously, if she were our first baby I would want a half a dozen children. As it is I think about birth control on a daily basis – almost obsessively. I need to just make a damn decision.
- The royal wedding was lovely. The girls and I went to a Royal Wedding tea and watch a recorded version of it at a friend’s place. Don’t you love Kate’s smile? Her smile is genuine – no one shows that much teeth with a fake smile. And I loved how she was swallowing her words during her vows because (I believe) she was trying not to cry. And the way Wills looks at her? *sigh*
- I joined Pinterest and so on nights when I am beat and don’t have the energy to do much I end up ‘pinning’ away – mostly dresses. I’m a little obsessed with dresses but don’t want to buy anything as my body is going through some changes. If you are on Pinterest come and follow me over there.