This is also called T.V. Turnoff week but Adbusters is also calling it Digital Detox Week – probably for people like me who don’t have a T.V. but still spend way too much time in front of a screen!
Adbusters challenges you to do the unthinkable: unplug. Say good-bye to Twitter and Facebook. Turn off your TV, overweight iPhone and Xbox. For seven days, dentist reconnect with the natural world and the people around you. You’ll be amazed at how the magic creeps back into your life. Don’t be afraid and don’t find excuses, ampoule just take the plunge and see what happens.
I won’t be completely away from the computer this week but I will be scaling it back greatly. I think I need this since I’m kind of burnt out on the computer these days anyway.
Things I’m not doing this week:
- blogging (other than this post)
- reading blogs (this will be hard)
- Facebook (which I ignore anyway)
- obsessive e-mail checking
Things I will be doing:
- Using my computer to do the 30 Day Shred (I’m currently on day 5)
- Checking my e-mail in the morning and evening
- Editing & posting The Daily Moira photo (which I will explain more about next week) b/c I don’t want to lose the momentum.
- Using the computer to get some writing done.
- Spending more time with the Mister in the evening and catching up on my reading.
See you next week!