Focusing on the good things:
- Posted a couple times on Freecycle for maternity clothes. Just when I was getting a little desperate a woman who lives near by answered and gave me a big bag full of winter clothes. I am still in shock at how nice they all are and how recent – it’s like having a rich patron. Even though they don’t all fit, practitioner I am in awe of her generosity and honestly didn’t expect such a windfall. They couldn’t have come at a better time – especially since…
- Starting Monday I have three weeks of work at a friend’s design office. One of his creative accounts people is leaving and the person he hopes to hire hasn’t said yes yet and so he is short staffed. I’m not an accounts person and it will be a steep learning curve but I am an experienced organizer (although you would never know it by the look of my own life) and have worked in a design office before. Also, it seems like we are helping each other out which is nice – not to mention how great it will be to have a pay cheque again. Retail can wait until after Christmas.
- One of the guys I work with at QSTV sent me a present out of the blue! The World Changing book I had been coveting (he is one of the contributors) and Blessed Unrest by Paul Hawken, which has been on my to-read list for a while. Maybe I should start reading this stuff out loud to the Wrackspurt? Once again I am awed by the generosity of others.
- Tonight the Mister made bread and I roasted a chicken and made a pineapple upside down cake that is cooling nearby. The apartment is warm and cozy and smells fantastic.
- The Wrackspurt is now 20 weeks along and we are both really healthy.
20 weeks – side view:
I know by nature I am a small person (my Dad says I have bird bones) and I haven’t gained that much weight so far but I feel big – bigger than ever. Up until getting pregnant I had never weighed more than 120 lbs in my entire life. I went to Yoga last night and was dying by the end. I guess the thing about being small is that even 10 lbs extra can take its toll physically. Of course, that also means 10 lbs less can as well, which used to happen a lot in high school making me rather sickly at times.
20 weeks – front view:
I always feel like such a goof when I am taking photos of myself – but I feel even sillier asking others to take a photo of me.
(photos taken at my parents place which has lovely natural light)