The other day I decided to concede defeat with knitting colour work socks. I have two different socks on the go and the amount of work that go into them is slightly ridiculous for someone with my average knitting skills. However, I picked this sock up today to frog it (a knitting term meaning pull it apart) and I ended up knitting another section. I knit the entire acorn section which I am pretty pleased with. Moira picked the colours for the next section too so hopefully I will be able to work on that tomorrow. I’ve only got one set of long circulars like this for knitting socks and I really want to start knitting some ankle socks for the girls so I either need these needles back or I need to buy a second set. I’m done with knitting socks on four needles.
This sock may look okay but there are many issues with it (and I am really not looking forward to weaving in all those ends). However it is much better than the other sock I was knitting (it might actually fit someone) which I will frog at some point. My knitting aspirations and dreams are much higher than my physical ability to do anything at this time – but knitting a little on this sock wasn’t too bad because I was only moving my hands and not my shoulder/neck area where most of the pain is. I called the cancer centre today and – not surprisingly – their advice for this time is to take more drugs. I’ve been down the “fractured a rib” road so many times now that there really isn’t anything they can do otherwise but the drugs are no longer working. Tomorrow I talk to my oncologist. And hopefully get some knitting done.
Pattern is the Advent Sock by Natalie from Remembrances Pottery.
(These current blog posts are part of my #100dayproject and are written quickly and posted without significant editing. They are what they are, mistakes and all. Much like me.)